the Blinds Man
Designed with Safety in Mind
Child and pet safety are a top priority for you and for the Blinds Man. We have partnered with fabricators who have the same priorities – keeping your family and pets safe by providing safe window treatments.
The Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) sole mission is to ensure the safety of children around window coverings. The WCSC strongly recommends not using any corded window coverings in rooms that children will occupy.
Window cord safety recommendations:
- Install only cordless lift window coverings in bedrooms, play rooms, and sleeping areas for young children.
- Replace window blinds, cord lift shades, and draperies manufactured before 2001 with products that meet updated safety standards.
- If replacement is not possible, repair window blinds, cord lift shades, and draperies manufactured before 2001 with retrofit cord kits, available by emailing windowcoverings.org or calling 1-800-506-4636 or visit https://windowcoverings.org/retrofit-your-windows/.
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture, and toys away from windows and cords. Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords out of children’s reach. Make sure that tasseled pull cords are short and continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall. Cord stops must be properly installed and adjusted to limit the movement of inner lift cords.
- Lock cords into position whenever horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, including when they come to rest on a window sill.
We carry Hunter Douglas window fashions, which include a variety of operating systems to help reduce the risk of accidents.
From cordless and motorized operating systems to retractable lift cords, cord tensioners and wand controls, Hunter Douglas offers many innovative lifting systems designed with safety, convenience and beauty in mind.
Choose from an abundant array of window treatment colors and materials that complement your nursery today and your teen’s room tomorrow. Contact us today to see our full collection.
Or download Hunter Douglas’ Child Safety brochure for more information, including an overview of safety options across Hunter Douglas products.
We carry Graber® window coverings as well. Graber has added additional safety features to their window coverings, such as:
- Cordless lift and motorized lift options for ultimate safety.
- Tension pulleys and tie-down devices to keep cotinuous-loop pull cords taut.
- Cord stops on horizontal blinds that prevent internal cords from slipping through louvers.
You can download Graber®’s Cord Safety Flyer for more safety information regarding Graber® products.
Norman® Window Fashions
Norman® Window Fashions has been a long-time supporter of the Best for Kids™ certification program. Norman® offers a wide selection of stylish window fashions for your windows with child and pet safety in mind.
Norman® is currently offering free window treatment for homes with children. Be sure to check out their promotion – www.normanchildsafety.com.
Alta Window Fashions
Alta Window Fashions cares about child and pet safety. Alta offers many selections for window coverings to meet both style and safety. Be sure to check out their safety brochure – Child Safety with Alta.